Saturday, April 16, 2011

Qualified Failure

I guess I wasn't fully adapted yet after all. I should be careful about making statements like that, because this experiment is completely unpredictable. I slept through both alarms and Barbie ended up waking me up this morning at 7:30 when our child started crying. I really can't think of anything about yesterday that was so different from the rest of the week, which makes me think that last night was about the cumulative effects of reduced sleep over the week. I had more exercise this week than typical, so maybe that played a factor as well.

So I had three great nights before I crashed hard. Even if this was the most my body could handle, which I don't think is true, I'd be happy to continue this pattern for the indefinite future. I felt great during the first 3 days and nights, and only during the 4th night did my body really complain. That was three nights of additional productive work I otherwise wouldn't have had, which arguably came at a very low cost. I'm going to try inserting core sleep every night though, and see if I can get more than just 3 great consecutive nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment