Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Loss then a Win

I ended up really missing my child Tuesday morning. I typically get him when he wakes in the morning, which works as a great alarm to make sure I'm up around 7. Consistent with my strategy I stayed up most of Monday night but went to bed around 3 to get a "few" core hours of sleep. With no child though, I ended up waking up at 9 instead of 7! Oops.

Last night I decided to correct this inherent weakness by setting two alarms and mentally preparing myself. It worked! I slept from 4-7 and managed to pull myself out of bed and get started on my day. Of course I wanted to sleep, but I told my body I'd take a nap in an hour and I ended up with a pretty good morning--much better than yesterday anyway. My goal today is to get 3-4 30 minute naps for a total sleep time of approx. 5 hours, and then to repeat this for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment