Friday, April 15, 2011

Amazing Spouse

I couldn't have survived today without a great, understanding wife. I did sleep from 4-7am and was able to get up (although definitely wanted to stay in bed). I managed a morning nap at 11, but then was kept busy at school and hadn't taken a second nap by the time I got home at 6. I was feeling "it", and it wasn't pleasant. Barbie got home from school about then, and was gracious enough to take over feeding JJ (even though she was tired too from a long day at school) and let me take a precious 30 minute nap. I'm still amazed at what 30 minutes does on this schedule, but I made it after that until 11!

I feel quite adapted to this schedule, and it's great. I woke at 11:45 pm as my wife returned from her book club group and spent an hour or so with her until she went to bed. I then worked on my current research paper (and cleaned the floors for company coming in town) until 3am, took a 30 minute nap, and was up fairly easy and working some more. I have to reiterate that none of this would be possible without an amazing, flexible, and supportive wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment