Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 5

I had to adapt my sleep schedule a little tonight to accommodate a social activity from 7:30-11. Past experience has taught me that prolonging the period between naps can be quite painful later, so I received permission from my wife to take an early nap immediately prior to our activity and then again immediately after. So I ended up taking two naps close together (5 and 7), with only a regular interval between naps over the activity.

Seems to have done the trick, as I'm feeling pretty darn good right now! I also want to stick to my 1, 5, 9 schedule, so I took the 1am nap as scheduled, even though I felt I could have stayed awake a bit longer. Would rather not throw too many changes at my body!

I'm honestly a bit worried though about waking up from the 5am nap. This block of time has been the bane of my experiment thus far, and everything will go so much better when I can overcome this obstacle. My wife says I'm just prolonging the pain when I take a second nap or slightly oversleep (like I did this morning). I like to think that I have a lot of self-control, but forcefully sleep depriving yourself hasn't been a walk in the park. I'm determined to succeed though.

No comments:

Post a Comment