Thursday, April 14, 2011

Controlling My Day

Yesterday went pretty well. These last two nights I've taken a nap when my wife is going to bed, which really seems to help end her day. I set my alarm for 30 minutes, and because it takes her a while to fall asleep, she's falling asleep as I wake up. This seems to work for her, and she actually enjoys the extra sprawl room in bed when I leave! She just barely wished me good luck tonight on my work as I slipped out of the bedroom.

I haven't had much problem waking up and getting going after these naps, and find these early hours in the morning quite productive (so far). Yesterday I worked from 1-3 am and then took a nap on the couch. I set my alarm for just 20 minutes but realistically expected I'd sleep until 7. However, when I awoke I felt good enough I decided to plow through and ended up only sleeping from 6-8! I was worried I'd be tired throughout the day, but naps at 11am, 4:30pm and 8pm kept me going just fine. I think that adds up to just under 5 hours of sleep heading into today (Thursday). I expect to be much more tired, and from past experience know the second day is much more challenging. I will force myself to sleep from 4-7 even if I'm not completely exhausted in hopes of keeping my life sane today.

No comments:

Post a Comment