Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Experiment, Phase 2

Yesterday was a big day for me: I successfully presented my curriculum paper to the accounting faculty and moved into candidacy! Now the "only" thing between me and a Ph.D is a dissertation. Only.

This is quite significant for my sleep habits. I've used polyphasic sleep almost as a necessity over the past month to get through that presentation. There was just a lot of work to do, and I wasn't getting it done and balancing family duties with 8 hours of sleep. As mentioned earlier, I feel I've successfully reduced my average hours sleeping to about 5. Now that the "pressure" has been released, will I keep this up?

I can't quite describe how fun it was for me to have an alarm go off at 3:00 AM this morning and feel rested enough to get up and read a few papers, check email, check the news, and make a blog post.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Josh! Way to go! So glad that you are now officially ABD! :-) Whoot!!

    ReplyDelete